Vitamin power balls
An easy, personalised snack to power you up!
- 1 tbsp (25g) date paste (made with 15g or approximately 2-3 dates). See Method.
- 1 sachet Meritene STRENGTH & VITALITY chocolate shake
- 1 tbsp (10g) ground super seed/nut/berry mix (e.g. flax, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame seeds, goji berries available as pre-mixed pack from supermarkets)
- 1 tbsp (10g) chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp jumbo oats
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp chopped stem ginger, dried sour cherries, raisins or other dried fruit
- Coating: cocoa powder, raw cocoa nibs or chopped nuts
- Date paste: Finely chop the dates, place in a bowl and barely cover with boiling water. (Very soft dates, e.g. Medjool type dates may need less water.) Place in microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and leave to cool.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl with a fork; be patient while it comes together to form a thick paste.
- Add in the date paste and work together with a fork.
- Use two spoons or wet hands to roll the mixture into two balls and leave them as they are or roll them in your choice of coating.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for later!
|- Saturdated Fat||0.8g|